Marketing Issue [RE-wrenches]

sunwise sunwise at cheqnet.net
Wed May 14 21:55:17 PDT 2003

Greetings all,

We've had this discussion before, but I need to re-visit it or
something.  I also want to mention that

As a solar guy, I highly encourage people to purchase HP Magazine, and
even bought a couple subscriptions for my area libraries (they're half
price for libraries!).  I also used to have a policy of offering a free
one year subscription to anyone who bought a system from me.  I also
sell HP mags retail out of my shop during the summer (retail outlet
closed for winter).

This said, it is difficult for me to have an SP75 hanging on the wall
with a $385 dollar price tag on it, and a stack of HP magazines directly
below with a centerfold ad from Terra Stellar (or some such outfit) with
the same PV listed for little more than my cost.

Do I stop selling HP (please, no), post a list of the ten commandments
(including "if you bought it from them, call them with your
questions/problems), or consider it to be part of the whole solar
process (of going broke?).

I believe we need RE to move into more conventional markets if we expect
it to become more widely accepted, but does this directly translate into
a Walmart and Sam's Club mentality?

I had planned to post this to marketing, but the address is missing from
my newer computer (almost a year old) and apparent no one is using
Marketing any longer.

Kurt Nelson
SOLutions

This issue may be of interest to Wrenchs and MArketeers alike, and as
the

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm