Trace C40 and C60 auto EQ mode. [RE-wrenches]

David Palumbo, Independent Power & Light ipl at sover.net
Sat Jan 11 09:19:57 PST 2003

I have had complaints from two customers within the past two weeks about
Trace's auto EQ mode. One with a C40 and the other a C60.

The units have the jumper in the auto EQ position properly and the
controllers go into EQ mode (alternating red/green LED flashes with higher
bulk charge levels attained) manually. The complaint is that they have never
seen it go into the EQ mode automatically every 30 days as designed.

These people are competent and are watching closely for the indications,
including the High Battery Voltage capture on their TriMetric meters. With
our lack of sun in Nov & Dec it would be hard to miss the auto EQ mode as I
have seen my own C40 blinking red/green for over a week before the
parameters of an EQ were met.

Any ideas? Is it possible for the manual EQ mode to be functional and the
auto EQ not?

Dave

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com