NABCEP [RE-wrenches]

Electrical Energy solar at eagle-access.net
Sun Dec 22 10:12:37 PST 2002

<x-flowed>
At 09:25 AM 12/22/2002 -0800, you wrote:

>It wasn't bad solar water heaters or inflated prices that killed the 40%
>federal
>tax credit (circa 1978 to 1985). It was the Republicans with actor Ronald
>Regan
>as their front man.

Right on.  The credits inspired a lot of different approaches, a lot of
people brainstorming at the same time.  Many of the ideas didn't fly.  When
the subsidies were killed, it left a lot of people hanging.  It was a
perfect move to make RE look ridiculous.

The dysfunctional systems would have lost their market with time,
anyway.  People were still paying good money for the systems and wanted to
get something for their investment.  If the process were allowed to
continue, RE would be miles ahead of where it is today.  We would be world
leaders, instead of lagging behind.

Drake

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com