three way power [RE-wrenches]

Steve Willey, Backwoods Solar steve at backwoodssolar.com
Sat Dec 14 21:12:35 PST 2002

The sharing of 3 phases works well with hydro power.  With each connected to
a battery and diversion regulated, there could be no uneven loading as each
is fully loaded.  Unless there were a defect in diodes or charge control or
someone disconnected purposely or blew a breaker. All would have to
co-operate on times to shut it down for storms or maintenance. But it should
work.  Of course its not the most efficient, as each only gets 33% of the
total even if two bare full charged and the third is in serious need.
Charging a single bank and then distributing the power to each home is more
efficient that way.  But giving one phase to each house is a marvelous way
to distribute the power so no one can accuse another user of consuming all
the power. Each one gets an equal share and that is it.
Steve Willey       steve at backwoodssolar.com
www.backwoodssolar.com
Backwoods Solar Electric Systems