BP Solar Closes Thin Film Operations [RE-wrenches]

matthew tritt solarone at charter.net
Sun Dec 8 11:45:00 PST 2002

Peter, I also have had very good success with Unisolar PVL installs. The
customers like it and the performance is definitely staying well within
specs after 1.5 years. No change at all actually. Like you, I also get lot's
of bad-mouthing of Unisolar from people who know nothing about the product.
Even though I'm not a big fan of the shingle format because of roof
penetration issues, the PVL seems like the ideal solar module for new roofs.
And the performance in high temperatures is better than crystalline modules.

I wonder if BP backed out of the program because of Unisolar patent issues?

Matt