Installation details [RE-wrenches]

Graham Owen graham at solarexpert.com
Mon Nov 25 13:20:56 PST 2002

Dear Jeff Wolfe,

I know that I am not “perfect and all knowing”, what keeps my
installation business successful is the fact that I do the sales as well
as the physical installation.  For me it has become common to present a
viable PV proposal to a homeowner, who responds by saying that another
company has proposed a system twice as large.  I always get on the roof
with a pathfinder and tape measure while some so called solar salesmen
walk around the home looking up at the ceilings making guestimates of
what will fit.  All I can imagine is that they get paid on percentage
commission and care more about their wallet than the customers.

The most valuable three days of my PV career were spent at the Endecon
PV training course presented by Bill Brooks.  I wish it could somehow
become mandatory for anyone selling grid-tied solar in California to
learn the technology instead of focusing on how to find fault with
potential customers reasoning and closing the deal.

Graham Owen

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm