Vanner FX-4500? [RE-wrenches]

Phil Irwin phili at vanner.com
Thu Nov 21 15:25:47 PST 2002

Kirk and Bob,

Though I am bound by the forum rules to keep Vanner's input to installation advice limited to a strictly technical nature. It would be appropriate to present an equal position from us, the manufacturer.

As with all new electronic products during their inception, some aspects of operation are only learnt and developed from real field trials and real applications.

You are all probably aware that Vanner is a comparitive 'newbie' to the RE market. We do however have a wealth of experience in inverter manufacturing in other markets. Indeed many of our early efforts were frought with problems because of mis-applied projects, not design. However, we would say however that we have gained a huge amount of data with our partners co-operation, and release v3.0 of our software is a direct result of our trials (and tribulations) we have learnt from over the last few years.

Vanner on Monday presented to the National Wind Energy Conference in Dublin OH, its first wind application site at Glacier Ridge Metro Park. This is a 10KW Bergey with 2//40xFNC206L Hoppecke NiCd batteries, the PWM fornt-end consists of a Vanner RE48-DCM, RE48-ACM split by a v3.0 RE48-4500 inverter. I was personally involved with this trouble free project, and it took 45 seconds to commission the Vanner equipment. It is functioning beyond expectations. The feedback to Vanner from the conference was extremely positive and in fact the features we demonstrated of our latest iteration software were more than encouraging.

I do not wish to use the forum as a podium for corporate benefit, but hope the wrenches moderator will see fit to provide a balanced view.

I passionately believe that a high end, feature filled, US built product has its place in the RE market. Moreover, it is a fact that we believe in the market. I am more than willing to converse and show sites, where using controlled applications the product surpasses most customer expectations.

I hope readers will appreciate the need to provide a balanced view of our approach, and thank our installers for their continuing support.

Thanks

Phil Irwin
Director of Marketing
Vanner Inc.