PS2512 woes [RE-wrenches]

Matthew Tritt solarone at charter.net
Thu Nov 21 09:36:05 PST 2002

<x-flowed>
On Thu, 21 Nov 2002 09:21:22 -0800
  "Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection"
<econnect at snowcrest.net> wrote:
>Matt,
>Actually, Outback does plan to offer the FX in 12V at
>some point. Given the choice right now, I'd look at the
>Statpower Prosine 2000 over the PS2512 if you HAD to stay
>with 12V. Sometimes you do.
>I've always thought that the PS stood for a Piece of
>something Smelly.
>Bob-O, They Do?! Well I'll be. I completely agree with you
on your preferences. If you remember the thread about the
house in the Sierras with battery/inverter problems a
while ago, it turned out to be a stacked pair of 25-12's.
5,000 Watts of 12 volt inverter is a totally lame idea
(IMHO), but the owners weren't ready to change over after
spending all that $$. Once again, a case of
mis-application from a mail-order house.

Matt

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com