CEC funding [RE-wrenches]

Joel Davidson joeldavidson at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 4 14:33:12 PST 2002

Marco,

No rebate money until next year. Then, $4.50/W rebate for systems up to 30 kW. It is very likely that again over $50 million in rebates will be applied for in 2003. Funding will be available for approx. $24 million.

Today is the deadline for people to submit comments to the CEC regarding Docket No. 02-REN-1038. Here is one of the recommendations that I submitted:

Changing PV system size categories from 10 kW or less to 30 kW puts homeowners in competition with businesses that install larger systems. The original categories were established to make rebates available to the maximum number of homeowners and prevent larger systems from consuming most of the rebates. I
strongly recommend that the original categories remain in effect.

Best regards,
Joel Davidson

"Mangelsdorf, Marco" wrote:

> FYI:
>
>  Hey Ian,
>
> What's the poop on CEC buydowns for 10 kW and smaller systems?   There's no more $$ till 1-1-03, right?  Come Jan. 1, will the CEC then begin accepting reservations?  At what rate?  Still at $4.50 per AC watt?  There seems to a lot of confusion and concern in the CA. PV community over these questions.
>
> thanks for your help,
> arroHA,
> marco
> ProVision Technologies, Inc.
> Hilo, Hawai'i
> www.provisiontechnologies.com <http://www.provisiontechnologies>
>

> Marco
>
> Yes, we've run out of funding for small systems for IOU customers.  We still have a bit of medium money as well as plenty of funding for Municipal Utilties.
>
> Current Funding Remaining:
> http://www.energy.ca.gov/renewables/emerging_funding.html
>
> We expect to have the draft of the guidebooks released for public comment in late Nov to early Dec.  While I can't guarntee anything that is subject to commission approval, I'd expect to see the new program open for business in late Jan to early Feb.
>
> You may want to take a look at this powerpoint that was shown at our public workshops:
>
> http://www.energy.ca.gov/renewables/emerging.html
>
> The rebate is likley to be lower.
>
> Hope this helps
>

> Ian Williams