Module grounding revisited [RE-wrenches]

matthew tritt solarone at charter.net
Wed Oct 30 21:34:03 PST 2002

Nick,

Most probably, the modules you tested have a very good, thick layer of
aluminum oxide (anodizing). The panels which I've tested, that have
excellent conductance, probably have lousy, porous anodization. But, if the
aluminum with the great anodizing is such a good insulator against
conductance, why does it need grounding at all???????????????

Matt