bad and sad news of AEI [RE-wrenches]

Rob Wills RWills at AdvancedEnergy.com
Mon Oct 21 18:28:06 PDT 2002

Thanks for the support Marco - we are hoping that a friendly entity will buy
the MM, so that we can continue with manufacturing, development and support.

Rob Wills

-----Original Message-----
From: Mangelsdorf, Marco [mailto:mmangelsdorf at hei.com]
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2002 3:56 PM
To: RE-wrenches at topica.com
Subject: bad and sad news of AEI [RE-wrenches]

As I think Todd might have mentioned over the weekend, Advanced Energy Inc.
of New Hampshire, maker of the GC1000 battery-less and MultiMode 3 and 5 kW
battery-based, grid-tied inverters are preparing for Chapter 7 liquidation
bankruptcy.  Having installed both the GC1000s and MM inverters, I am
saddened and disturbed that AEI couldn't make it work.  Yes, the MultiModes
have had their share of problems, but the staff there at AEI have been
committed to fixing design problems and fortifying the units to make them
more reliable and top-performing.  Where else in the industry can we find an
inverter design that combines the AC, DC disconnnects, GFP and a charge
controller all integrated into one box?

Anyway, Mark Robinson, director of customer service at AEI, has asked me to
pass on the following message.  Mark is committed to doing what he can to
support those integrators and installers who have installed AEI products or
have them in inventory.  He can be reached at: mark at theenergygrid.com.  With
some luck, Mark, Rob Wills and other good folks at AEI will be able to
continue on in some form.

marco

Marco Mangelsdorf, Ph.D.
Design, Marketing and Sales