Custom Enclosures [RE-wrenches]

asap at podnine.com asap at podnine.com
Thu Oct 10 14:10:04 PDT 2002

Jeff,
You might try powder coating companies and see who uses them--machine shops,
metal fabbers always need a good powder coater.   They might be able to
recommend someone local for what you need to have made.  AS A SECOND CHOICE,
Two Seas might give you a hand if Craig and co have the time to get it
right.  Worth a shot.  Price was reasonable but had a couple of issues with
them on the back end.  They made a custom enclosure for a Saudi Desert USAF
project we prototyped that was white powder-coated, lockable, and
weatherproof but still a vented enclosure with a thermostat controlled DC
fan.  Somehow the enclosure, which also housed the charge controller, came
to us off-spec by almost two inches in the depth, which forced us to put a 2
x 4 in the battery pan which no longer accomodated the width of the battery.
Contact me offlist if you want more info about the actual design.  I think I
can get the CAD file if you can use it.

Peter
ASAP POWER!