thermomax info [RE-wrenches]

Peter Talmage ptalmage at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 9 06:14:48 PDT 2002

Dear Jay,

In the past I installed a few Thermomax systems. My
experience was that when they were new they worked
very well, outproducing a flat plate collector of
equal area. However, after about five years the vacuum
in over half the tubes had failed and about 1/4 of the
tubes, (even some wbhich still had vacuum), had lost
all if not most of their freon charge. Hopefully they
have imroved the product since ten years ago. Flat
plate collectors may not be as efficient but they cost
less and are low tech. And as they always say Keep It
Simple Stupid.

Yours,  Peter Talmage

http://faith.yahoo.com

- - - -