Xantrex SunTie and XR upgrade [RE-wrenches]

Bob-O Schultze, Electron Connection econnect at snowcrest.net
Thu Oct 3 17:47:57 PDT 2002

<x-flowed>
Bill & All,
Well, no one I know has clouds ever, so...
Actually, it's FAR more than a software upgrade. I understand that
Xantrex will replace the whole darn machine-provide a replacement
upfront so it's just one service call, AND pay the Wrench reasonably
well for doing the job. This applies to EVERY ST or STXR out there.
I'm impressed. This is a sea change at Xantrex. An OG from the old
Heart days has taken over the reins of the AE market (I think they
call it Distributed Generation or some such instead of AE) He
realizes that X is in a deep, deep hole with this product and he
apparently has the authority to spend what it takes to turn it
around. He is realistic about what the STXR can and can not do vs the
Sunny Boy and is willing to say so. More than a breath of fresh air,
it's a whole window left open!
We live in hope....
Best, bob-O

>Wrenches:
>
>It appears that Xantrex is issuing a software upgrade on their SunTie
>inverters. Read about it at:
>
>http://www.xantrex.com/Corporate/News/readnews.asp?did=174
>
>Only necessary if you have clouds......
>
>Bill.