SB monitoring problems, was: Monitoring PV for public... [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at slonet.org
Mon Sep 30 14:02:03 PDT 2002

Kirk:

Hmmmm.  Very thoughtful idea.....  Considering this....  Still, I'd like to
see the net production.

I've an e-mail in to John Berdner-- he may have a Plan B I was not
previously aware of.   I'm hoping the monitor that transfers data via the
power line does become available soon.  I have several other clients who
could use this.

In spite of minor problems with the inverter, the web site and delivery on
this monitor, I am at the head of the cheerleading section for SMA
products.  They are well built and work with minimum problems.

WM

At 04:08 PM 9/30/02 -0400, you wrote:
>If I'm reading you right,  the pump and Sunny Boy lines are shared, i.e.
>"bidirectional" in similiar fashion to an SW inverter either taking from or
>giving to the grid. You can install a single analog utility meter with a
>detent, a mechanical device which allows the gears to turn in only one
>direction. Then only the gross power sourced by the Sunny Boy into the house
>/ pump/ grid will be measured.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm