SB monitoring problems, was: Monitoring PV for public education [RE-wren

William Miller wrmiller at slonet.org
Mon Sep 30 13:56:27 PDT 2002

At 01:01 PM 9/30/02 -0700, you wrote:
>William,
>
>Is that vertical or horizontal? ;-)

A little of both.  It's up and over.  You may have seen the installation,
it is at the top of the Chicago Grade, near the Venison farm.  The clients
are located down the hill.

>Why did the fuse holder go up in smoke? That's a weird one. Do you think it
>has something to do with the pump or pump controller or perhaps a bad
>starting capacitor or is this strictly an inverter problem?

I can only guess.  The holder did not smoke, it became heat dis-colored.  I
am guessing it is because the infernal plastic fuse holder may have pressed
against the clip, spreading it open, increasing resistance, increasing
heat, increasing resistance.....

WM

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com