balancing output from multiple controllers [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billb at endecon.com
Mon Sep 23 21:06:27 PDT 2002

William,

This is from over a year ago so you may have already tried this. I don't
know any better way.

Here is the method I found to be most effective:

INVERTER SETUP (MENU 9)
set to SELL

BATTERY CHARGING (MENU 10)
set ABSORPTION TIME to 0:00 on both machines.
set MAX CHARGE AMPS to 1 amp on both machines.

BATTERY SELLING (MENU 17)
set MAX SELL AMPS to X amps on both machines. (where 2X is the Max AC amps
that the PV array can produce. (e.g. 4000 Watts should set both to 18
amps --18A*120V=2160Watts)

Both temp comp probes must be installed so as to operate at the same
temperature. I have tried adjusting the float setting and that also works
particularly for an inverter that is out of DC calibration. They still get
out of wack at times at different temperatures because the slope of the temp
comp probes are usually not the same. This should keep both machines selling
as evenly as they can and limit each machine to a maximum of half the AC
Watts output. The one amp MAX charge amps keeps one unit from charging while
the other one sells.

Try it and see how you like it.

Bill.