Grid Overvoltage on Sunny Boys [RE-wrenches]

jberdner at sma-america.com jberdner at sma-america.com
Thu Sep 19 10:49:56 PDT 2002

Jeff / Wrenches:

Thank you for the support.
We, like you, are incredibly frustrated at the fact that we have to meet
these rigorous requirements while the utilities operate outside the
parameters in which all of this is based.

Please be assured we are working this on several fronts and we will try
to get some resolution very soon.  The guys in Germany think they have
an idea but we need to run it past UL before we move. UL is aware of the
issue and in working with us on it.  They are being very helpful and
supportive - by the way.  Hopefully we can give everyone some good news
soon.

On the utility front: If you see voltages above 252 RMS at the service
entrance then it is worth calling them and requesting a change.  Be sure
to include some language like:

We have monitored the service and are routinely seeing voltages outside
of ANSI Range A.

If you have any questions, or if I can be of any further assistance,
please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,

John Berdner

SMA America, Inc.