Single DC Source - Multiple Inverters [RE-wrenches]

David Blecker blecker at earthsys.org
Tue Sep 17 09:39:01 PDT 2002

Matt,

The single DC source into parallel WindyBoy inverters is Proven's recommended installation method.  You're right...the inverters are still not UL listed, but Wisconsin's new interconnection standards allows for non-UL equipment as long as it meets the functional requirements of UL especially for anti-islanding.  Also, the utility has the option to require certification or type testing.

David

At 07:28 AM 9/17/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>David,
>
>Hard to say about the NEC or UL, but is this a method approved and
>recommended by SMA (or Proven)?
>Neither component in your mix is approved (yet) by UL, not that that means
>anything, but how will you get approval from the utility when using
>non-listed equipment??
>
>Matt

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com