E-Bay used modules [RE-wrenches]

Joel Davidson joeldavidson at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 9 14:22:01 PDT 2002

As far as I know, every PV equipped home put up for sale sold quickly and PV
was one of the important reasons why the homes are bought. Here's couple
interesting notes about homebuyers' perceived value of PV.

The Carlisle house, built near Boston in 1980, was the first
utility-interactive PV powered home. The home is heated and cooled by a heat
pump and needs no fossil fuel. The original owner had a waiting list of
buyers for his home that has been a net energy producer since it was built.

Two Sacramento homes with 4 kW utility-owned PV systems went up for sale
shortly after I installed the systems. The new owners could have told SMUD
to remove the PV. Instead, they told SMUD that they liked the PV and
continued to pay the extra $4/month charge to be a SMUD PV Pioneer.

Please post other stories about PV homes bought and sold.

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com

This email was sent to: michael.welch at homepower.com