DC lightning protection (was DC-GFP/2 protection) [RE-wrenches]

jberdner at sma-america.com jberdner at sma-america.com
Tue Sep 3 08:29:25 PDT 2002

Alan:

I suggest orienting the modules so the J-boxes are as close as possible.

This minimizes the size of the inductive loop.
For maximum protection I suggest running the negative all the way out to
the last (lowest voltage) module in the same conduit.
Obviously this will not work with MC connectors.

If you have any questions, or if I can be of any further assistance,
please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,

John Berdner

SMA America, Inc.