xantrax/SW generator interface problems. [RE-wrenches]

Jay Peltz, Peltz Power jay at asis.com
Tue Aug 27 14:07:21 PDT 2002

HI Scott,

The local Xantrax repair depot, has seen a LOT of problems with the GTI
inverters being used on generators.

Now before you start, I know that any modifications should have had no effect on
generator syc, but it does.  And they have seen so many problems that they have
issued ( quietly it seems) a chip upgrade for OFF grid situations.

What the tech has told me is the new chips are reacting too quickly to surge
loads, which causes the generator power to dip, going below the accept value,
and hence it drops out from the inverter.  It will reconnect but its troublesome
to say the least.

So they are offering this free chip upgrade, but again I only know because I
live next to the repair depot and they mentioned the upgrade.

Hope this helps.

thanks,

jay

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com