SPAM: Re: PV orientation [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billb at endecon.com
Fri Aug 23 10:06:21 PDT 2002

Max,

I think the idea of keeping a circulating fan in that closet is the best
idea. Make sure that the closet is the same temperature as the rest of the
air conditioned house. The SunnyBoy runs a little less efficiently at the
higher voltages you are operating at, so removing the heat will allow it to
operate at full power. Not removing the heat will cause it to limit output
to stay cooler.

Sounds like a good system and your crew discovered that efficiency of the
array is dependent on operating temperature. That's why the airspace under
the modules is so important.

Bill.