24 to 48V converters [RE-wrenches]

Windy Dankoff, Dankoff Solar windy at dankoffsolar.com
Tue Aug 20 16:50:29 PDT 2002

<x-flowed>
Dear John, Chris and others,

We have supplied 24-48V converters to several of our ETAPUMP
customers. After months of intensive use there have been NO problems
with it, so we don't hesitate now to offer this option to people who
desire ETAPUMP and are committed to a 24V system, but either can't
get enough lift or flow from our 24V models, or the wire size is a
killer.

We don't see any inherent problems with this converter application
because ETAPUMP is a "gentle" load. It uses a brushless 3-phase motor
with a variable frequency soft-start controller. It draws only a
little more than the running power while accelerating the motor up to
speed (a 15 second period). The converter we use is oversized, rated
to handle the startup on a continuous basis.

In the field of solar pumping, there will be application gaps to fill
for years to come. We will apply the occasional "bandaid" when it
solves a problem in a reliable and economical manner.

Thanks for the recognition.

Windy Dankoff

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com