generator question [RE-wrenches]

Frank Fowler, Crystal Pines Alt. Energy cpae1 at aol.com
Wed Aug 14 11:50:37 PDT 2002

In a message dated 8/14/2002 11:31:16 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
steve at backwoodssolar.com writes:

> Kohler 10 RY propane units are good 1800 rpm, cast iron engines, and you can
> wire for full power all single 120 volt circuit, or for split 120/240. Only
> drawback is its around $7000 and for little use may be hard to justify. It
> should last a lifetime that way eliminating changes and rebuilds of smaller
> units. Starts and stops perfectly with SW inverter control. Only hassles
> have been failure to put thinner oil in winter, causes shutdown for low oil
> pressure before pressure has a chance to build up in coldest weather.
> thinner winter oil will cure that.

I forgot to mention that Backwoods Solar also offers a good DC charging unit.
(Sorry Steve!)
SUNcerely,
Frank Fowler
Crystal Pines Alternative Energy
4408 Pine Cluster Ln. Yankee Hill, CA. 95965
Tel: 530-532-1972
Fax: 530-532-1359
www.solarenergy-alt.com
"Living with the products we market, install, & service"

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com

This email was sent to: michael.welch at homepower.com