Are PV system rebates taxable income? [RE-wrenches]

mrousso at urbanrefuge.com mrousso at urbanrefuge.com
Mon Jul 29 10:13:46 PDT 2002

Actually, I personally received a rebate check from
the state and they did not withhold taxes.  Further,
if you pay anyone $600 or more during the course of a
tax year, YOU have to issue a 1099 or are in violation
of the tax code.  Believe me, I've tried all of the
angles and my CPA keeps reeling me in.

The best way to help your customer is to take the
rebate directly into your company and avoid the whole
1099 issue.  The overall income to the company remains
the same.  Of course, you need to be willing and able
to float the rebate.

Mo

=====
Mo Rousso
Urban Refuge, Inc. - A Solar Energy Company
760.451.9374 (v) 760.451.9784 (f) 760.845.8843 (c)
mrousso at urbanrefuge.com
www.urbanrefuge.com

http://health.yahoo.com

- - - -