Maytag Neptune LP Dryer on PS2512 inverter power [RE-wrenches]

Kurt Nelson sunwise at cheqnet.net
Sat Jul 27 13:54:29 PDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: David Palumbo
> The Neptune Dryer will not run on the PS inverter power. It try's to run
and
> goes down under a PF (power failure) error condition.

Hey David,

Just a long shot here.  Sometimes one of the "stages" of a Tace (there are
three) will fail and the unit will continue to operate and power loads
although no longer with pure sine.  An easy way to check a PS or SW for this
is to simply meter output voltage with a digital, non-true RMS meter.  If
such a meter shows 120 VAC (plus minus a couple), the inverter does not have
a bad stage.

Kurt Nelson
SOLutions

- - - -