Satellite Phone [RE-wrenches]

Graham Owen graham at solarexpert.com
Fri Jul 26 09:22:55 PDT 2002

Dave,

I used a handheld satellite phone a few months ago and the reception
sounded as clear as a regular phone line.  The reception and
transmission quality surprised me especially considering the remoteness
of my location at the time, Tierra del Fuego south of the Straight of
Magellan at the very tip of South America.  The phone was about twice
the size of a regular cell phone, had a built in antenna and the monthly
charge is about $55.00, but where they get you is the $2.00 per minute
usage time.  I used a 20 Watt Siemens Man Pack to keep the battery
topped up.

Graham

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com