Wrenching in L.A. [RE-wrenches]

mrousso at urbanrefuge.com mrousso at urbanrefuge.com
Mon Jun 24 13:34:47 PDT 2002

Graham,

My sympathies... this whole situation sucks.

I know you are only 1 guy, but has anyone challenged
the lock-out on legal grounds???  It seems to me that
it could be construed as being in violation of the
California Solar Rights Act.  That tact been tried??
How about recruiting and using some "star" power like
Woody Harrelson to raise a stink.

The "dark forces" spin is probably a smoke screen to
continue to try to keep this relatively quiet.

Maybe we should form the ABSW (the Angry Brotherhood
of Solar Wrenches) and do a little union busting???

Sorry that you and your fellow Los Angeles wrenches
are in a bind.

--- Graham Owen <graham at solarexpert.com> wrote:
> Don Loweburg wrote:
>
> Graham, Any idea how many have been shut down to
> date? This is an open
> question to any wrench installing in LADWP.
>

> Hi Don,
>
> There are exactly 23 systems locked out as of today
> 6/24/02
>
> Systems where the homeowner is on life support as
> well as backup systems
> with critical loads have not been locked out.
>
> I was just told that this lockout has to be kept
> quiet because there are
> forces that want all PV systems locked out, which
> includes systems
> installed before April 19, 2002.
>
> This is the first time in the past 20 years that I
> wished I was not in
> the solar business.
>
> Graham
>
> - - - -