Sunny Boy data collection [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Clearwater, Ecovillage Design clrwater at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 15 02:09:18 PDT 2002

<x-flowed>
Hi Ken,

The SunnyBoy Control will collect data (from one or many SBs) and
store it for download to a PC or to a modem or fax.  The Sunny Boy
Control Plus adds to that many digital channels for collecting inputs
from other digital sensors (insolation, wind, temp, etc).  At $700
the Control is all you probably need.  The Control Plus is about
twice that.  You also save about $60 on not needing the display in
the sunny boy itself but then you have to buy a comm unit for the SB.
You can connect the SBControl via RS 485 cable or use Powerline
communication wherein you use a radio signal sent on the line itself.
Recommend the 485 cable.

Hope that helps!

jc

>We're bidding a job and one option will be to spec a Sunny Boy, our
>first exposure to one. The customer wants to collect data, probably
>as much data as possible. What's the best way to do this? What does
>the SMA display do?
>  Any advise or suggestions are appreciated.
>
>Ken & Chris Hulet
>Engineering Services Co.
>P.O. Box 4
>Blanchardville, WI 53516
>
>608.523.3726
>
>http://www.revolutionearth.com
>
>- - - -

>List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

>Hosted by Home Power magazine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jeff Clearwater
Ecovillage Design Associates
Home, Community and Village Scale Renewable Energy Systems

2525 Arapahoe Ave, Suite E4, #280
Boulder, CO 80302
1-800-440-2523 PIN7071
Fax:  720-528-7813
clrwater at earthlink.net
jeffc at ic.org

Council Member - Ecovillage Network of the Americas - http://www.ecovillage.org
Founder:  Ecovillage Research, Development, and Demonstration Program:
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~clrwater/RDD/rdd.html

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com