Fw: Need a Deep Well Pump Solution [RE-wrenches]

Brad Bassett bsbassett at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 3 13:10:08 PDT 2002

Allan,

I have some more info on the performance of the SQFlex pump.

On 120VAC (PS inverter) and 360 feet of TDH it will produce 2.244
gal/min, and consume 355 watts. Check my math, but I think that works
out to 2.64 whr/gal (AC watthours).

Using 3 75watt modules solar direct using Albuquerque data in April at
35 deg tilt (7.8 kWh/m2/day, probably more in June at a lower tilt)
should give 544 gal/day with max of 1.23 gal/min. This works out to 1755
whrs/day and 3.23 whr/gal.

Two things to keep in mind. The SQFlex is the only pump where you can
easily change form AC to solar direct and back. The SQFlex is not
recommended for greater than 365 feet of head, though it has been used
to 390 and the sizing program will take you there.

I just checked and so far only two SQFlex pumps have been returned to
Grundfos (out of - my guess a few hundred installed), one with a bad
check valve and one full of mud. Not bad for a new solar pump.

I will email a pdf of the sizing printout separately.

Brad

Allan Sindelar wrote:

>  Allan Sindelar wrote:
>

> Option 1: Grundfos SQ-Flex, set at 350-390',
5. Least efficient in watthours/gallon pumped of the three,

Brad Bassett
Schott Applied Power
Tumwater, WA office
bsbassett at earthlink.net