Parallel Danger? [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billb at endecon.com
Tue May 28 15:34:13 PDT 2002

Ray,

In order to get current flow, a voltage higher than Voc would need to be
applied--how about twice Voc--that should get the current flowing and is
highly attainable in 24 and 48 volt systems.

Leeway is a function of hundreds of thousands of hours of experience. Your
example may not have been truly UL allowable if you got into the details of
how an extension is listed for use. When we have the same level of
experience, we might be able to play that card. Until then, watch out for
moose.

Bill.