here we go again [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Mt. Shasta Energy Services toddcory at jps.net
Wed May 15 17:34:11 PDT 2002

That was the song PP&L tried to sing to me to justify their requirement of a
$500.00 dual register digital meter for net metered applications. I e-mailed the
manufacturer of my analog meter and got their data sheet that confirmed what
everyone already knew... the meter measured flow in each direction. The PUC
backed me up on this and as soon as litigation started against PP&L they folded
their very lame hand.

Good luck with more utility knuckle heads... sigh.

Todd

jeff.oldham at realgoods.com wrote:

> I just received this from Dave Ore, PG&E's E-net coordinator:
>
>         *       If your existing electrical meter is not capable of
> measuring the flow of electricity in two directions, you are responsible for
> all expenses involved in purchasing and installing a meter that is able to
> measure electricity flow in two directions.
>
> This is clipped from his email describing the new "Expanded E-Net"
> procedures, Auuuggggg!
>
> Are we having fun yet?
>
> -jeff

- - - -