Batteries Failing [RE-wrenches]

Peter Talmage ptalmage at yahoo.com
Sun May 12 09:50:05 PDT 2002

Dear Kurt,

A problem could arise if you tilit you truck over too
far as you bounce along the trail. The plates can bend
and get squeezed together. Worse case is broken or
shorted plates, but plates that get squeezed together
have much less electrolyte between and the battery's
performance will be much less than the others.

Yours,  Peter

> These cells were not shorted due to abuse, shorted
> by sediment build-up, or shorting down the sides (my
> battery supplier sez he sees batts in industrial
> settings where the boiling over of the battery
> deposits a conductive coating to ground on the
> outside of the battery).

LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
http://launch.yahoo.com

- - - -