Joel sees the "gas" light!! [RE-wrenches]

Lawrence Elliott larry at energyoutfitters.com
Tue May 7 18:48:06 PDT 2002

Todd. Your right only if you continue to use fossil fuels.
Even then the ratio is not 1 to 1.

If we were to grow and harvest 500 acres of rapeseed and extract the oil
and get lets says 200 million btu's of energy ( way low but good example
for now) and we used 10% to plant,harvest and process in the form of bio
diesel then we have a net positive gain of 90%

We are still essentially harvesting sunlight .
Even if we used 50% we are still ahead of the game.

Larry Elliott

Hope you guys don't get bored with all these posts but this is what I do
in front of a classroom on slow days.