RE and Regulations, both UL and IEEE [RE-wrenches]

Joel Davidson joeldavidson at earthlink.net
Fri May 3 13:26:59 PDT 2002

Some thoughts about civil disobedience and non-violent direct action. On April
9th, I had a few hours to tour New Delhi before my return flight so I asked our
driver to go to a park. He drove to a popular park for Indians where Gandhi's
tomb is located. There were lots of children playing on the grass because
schools had been forced to close due to lack of transportation. For years, bus
companies refused to obey anti-smog laws and switch from diesel to natural gas.
That day, the federal government finally banned half the city buses from the
streets. As I left, a group of hunger strikers were gathering at the park
entrance, a popular place for protests, to bring attention to the recent
increase in religious persecution. I smiled and thought that, despite seemingly
endless problems, the world's largest democracy is working. Sure, I want safe
PV systems, but I also expect utility workers and public employees to help
people go solar. Anything less is unacceptable.

"Joe Schwartz, Home Power" wrote:

> >Richard, stop it! Your voice of reason is tarnishing Homepower guerrillas'
> >bad-boy reputation :-)
>
> Hey Joel,
>
> Thanks for the laughs!
>
> Thought I'd chime in on the guerrilla thread.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com