RE and Regulations, both UL and IEEE [RE-wrenches]

Joe Schwartz, Home Power joe.schwartz at homepower.com
Fri May 3 11:33:49 PDT 2002

<x-flowed>
>Is Home Power going to be a Don Quixote and
>fight all these windmills (couldn't resist the renewable analogy) or work
>constructively to overcome these issues so that its readers (most of whom
>live on the grid) can realize their dream of being truly energy independent?

Hey Bill,

For the record, both Richard and I worked overtime to help pass
Oregon's net metering legislation. Home Power put up money for
lobbyists during the process.

This year Oregon passed legislation that created a Renewable Energy
Technicians license. I was one of many Oregon RE advocates that
busted ass on this legislation as well.

We publish a magazine that helps folks design and install their own
RE systems, or realize that it's beyond their abilities and
professional design and installation are required.

We're working on multiple fronts to make RE an option for everyone.

Seems pretty constructive to me!

Take it easy,

Joe
--