New List Moderator Tool [RE-wrenches]

Michael Welch, Home Power michael.welch at homepower.com
Thu Apr 25 10:31:36 PDT 2002

If you have any questions or comments about this, please contact me off list.

Topica has offered list moderators a new tool. It allows us to choose to strip HTML and attachments. It is an all or nothing choice. My preference would have been to allow attachments, as most of the Wrenches have been pretty good about this. (On the other hand, I looked back and nearly every attachment that came to the list either should not have been sent at all, or should have been offered to off-list requests.)

But, the html stripping is important enough to implement, and my only choice is both.

Here is what this means for you all. When you see these quoted words at the bottom of a post, it means that there was either an attachment or html that was removed from the post.

If you post a message with both plain text and html, only the plain text will show up. If you post a message that only has html, it will be returned to you by the list server, so you can reformat as text only, and re-post.

Michael Welch

------------------------
"Redefining the role of the United States from enablers to keep the peace to enablers to keep the peace from peacekeepers is going to be an assignment."
			Resident George "Dubya" Bush

Michael Welch, michael.welch at homepower.com www.homepower.com
     Managing Editor, Home Power magazine
     Office Coordinator, Redwood Alliance
     (Not HP mag numbers) 707-822-7884 fax: 707-822-3481

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com