Whisper 175 Comments [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Bald Mtn. Solar toddcory at jps.net
Thu Apr 18 09:48:40 PDT 2002

I have an early version of the Whisper H900 (H40 now). It doesn't have the nice
cowling covering the governor pivot the newer ones have, but I believe the
design is the same. It is mounted way too low and as a result, gets LOTS of
turbulence as well as regular 50 to 60 MPH gusts in the winter months. Sometimes
in high winds I watch it and amazed it doesn't self-destruct. I have had NO
trouble with it whatsoever in it's 5+ years of service and would recommend this
unit to others. The only maintenance I have done is to climb the tower and check
all the hardware for tightness. I lost one half of one of the full wave
rectifiers a few years back and suppose eventually the brushes and bearings will
need replacement but for now it continues to happily spin away.

My .02 of wind generator experience.

Todd Cory

"Bob Ellison, Alternative Energy Systems" wrote:

> There is a Whisper 3000 up here that is a year old that has just lost it's
> tail. I didn't sell it. He spoke to me and didn't believe anything I told
> him and bought it all mail order. (16 T-105's and all....... Dodged a bullet
> on this one.
>
> Later,
> Bob

- - - -