Whisper 175 Comments [RE-wrenches]

Roy Butler, Four Winds RE roy at four-winds-energy.com
Mon Apr 15 17:22:14 PDT 2002

Hi Travis,
    Please contact me off-list if you'd like to see the "New and Improved"
Whisper 175 in all it's glory....laying in pieces at the base of it's
tower. This unit lasted for only 17 months....and that's with a complete
blade replacement 6 months into it's life. And yes folks, we definitely
know how to check for unbalanced operation -and- balance those pesky
blades! That ain't it....nor is it turbulence.....we're 50 feet above
anything within 1000' of the tower.
    If you have steady, straight-line winds at your site that rarely exceed
40 mph, then the 175 may work for your customer....otherwise, beware! My
company will never sell another 2 bladed wind generator....never!
Roy Butler
Four Winds Renewable Energy Co.
Arkport, NY

- - - -