Zoneworks ZW-TRF120 [RE-wrenches]

mjnelson at cleartouch.com mjnelson at cleartouch.com
Wed Mar 20 10:28:39 PST 2002

Hello Baran,
I have installed a tracker system in north east Ca. I installed 12 SP75's on
a single axis tracker. My pipe/tower (6 inches, RSC rigid steel conduit) was
13 ft long, 5 feet in the ground, 8 feet above ground. The dia. of the hole
was 20 inches and I filled it with concrete to within 6 inches of the
surface. I experienced winds of excess of 60 miles/hour and it never budged.
I would advise a minimum hole depth of 5 feet. Safety factor may take you to
6 feet. I also installed two wind generators on free standing towers of the
same material. One at 47 feet, a whisper 900 and one at 27 feet an air 403.
Both never moved an inch even in very high winds ( excess of 60 miles/hr ).
Actually there were moments of gusts over 100 miles/hr. My array  and wind
generators never moved.

Bye the way, Watson has quoted us a dual axis tracker that can support up to
24 modules of certain manu's. The AZ-300 is their big boy. I've spoken to a
man in ca. that has installed the AZ-300 and he is very happy. All the info
should now be on Watson's web site. www.wattsun.com

Hope this helps,

Matthew J. Nelson