PV Module Net Energy Question [RE-wrenches]

douglas bath douglas.bath at realgoods.com
Tue Mar 19 09:12:23 PST 2002

Hello Colin,

Solar modules are a source of power, but the value is in operating the
appliances (the pump or the lamp or the computer). As the need for the
appliance becomes more critical, the tailor made energy becomes more
valuable. The guy in the kayak with the GPS has been paid back the minute he
can operate beyond the battery capacity he left the dock with. Solar panels
are tools, and the payback needs to be based on the value getting the job
done, which will be different in almost every situation. When you have the
right tool for the job, it's priceless.

Best regards,

Douglas B. Bath,
Gaiam- Real Goods & Jade Mountain