RHW-2, #10 wire [RE-wrenches]

Matt Lafferty pvpro at attbi.com
Tue Mar 12 19:14:14 PST 2002

Dave / Wrenches:

Finding RHW-2 isn't that hard....They just don't carry it at Home Depot yet!

The most common marking on the wire I've found is:
"RHH / RHW-2 / USE-2   Sunlight Resistant"

The RHH isn't necessary but the RHW-2 is.  The NEC also requires that it be
marked USE-2 as well as Sunlight Resistant.

It can be ordered through any Electrical Wholesale House.  They will have to
order it since I haven't found one that stocks it.

One of the most common uses of the wire is actually by Commercial Landscape
Contractors for irrigation control wiring.  If there are any Irrigation
Supply Houses in Laramie, you might try there, too.  They might actually
have it in stock. Now, isn't that ironic.....They bury it in the ground and
we need it to be Sunlight Resistant!

Good Luck and don't let them charge you too much!

Matt Lafferty
pvpro at attbi.com