PV & Global Warming [RE-wrenches]

Peter Talmage ptalmage at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 8 12:04:14 PST 2002

Dear Rob,

I did up an info sheet on pollution reduction with PV
power. Since each state has a different mix of
generation, the pollution reduction will vary. I did
my work with New England as the site. I used datya
from the EPA at
www.eren.doe.gov/state_energy/states.cfm.

A 1 Kw fixed array in New England will eliminate  1080
lbs of CO2, 50 lbs of SO2 and 17 lbs of NOx.

Go to the EPA site and you can find the particular mix
of generation in your area. You'll have to do a little
math to get the info in the form you need.

I think the embodied energy in a utility interfaced PV
system is much shorter than 7 years. There are many
variables but I would think 3 years would be a fairly
conservative number.

Yours,  Peter Talmage

--- Rob Harlan <mendosol at mcn.org> wrote:
> Anybody got any reasonably researched figures on the
> effect of inter-tie photovoltaics upon global
> warming?

> Rob Harlan

http://mail.yahoo.com/

- - - -