Turbine metering [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar ozsolar at ipa.net
Tue Mar 5 10:40:26 PST 2002

Hi Bob,

Good Question. I haven't done that but I'm thinking it won't work because
the hz are so widely variable.  Are 3 phase electromechanical meters only
$50?  Single phase are that cheap.

I will call an acquaintance at the local utility.  He is the head of the
metering department.  I bet he would know if will work.  He is setting me up
(specifying and programming) with an electronic utility style meter that
show peak peak kW (user resettable) and kWh's for $65.  I'm setting it to
measure the kWh's of a Bergey Excel-S on the single phase side.

I'll let you know what he says.

Travis Creswell
Ozark Energy Services

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com