Battery-less wind turbines? [RE-wrenches]

Rob Wills RWills at AdvancedEnergy.com
Wed Feb 27 12:24:45 PST 2002

Hi Jay:
There are two ways to connect to the inverter - via the dcdc converter
(which may either be controlled in MPPT or constant voltage/current mode),
and to the battery.  You can connect PV to the DCDC and wind to the
battery - no problem.  The limitation is that there is only one dc-dc
converter..

I am confident that the hydro application would work well using a constant
voltage control from hydro rectifier into the dc-dc converter - we are ready
to support such applications immediately.  The reason for this confidence is
that we already control in this way for fuel cell applications, and have
been doing so for more than 2 years.

Regards

Rob Wills
VP Engineering