EnerSys glass mat batteries [RE-wrenches]

Daryl DeJoy penobscotsolar at panax.com
Wed Jan 30 14:31:25 PST 2002

<x-flowed>
	Hello all,
	I have an opportunity to buy EnerSys DDS series (designation
DDS85-33)  batteries still in original containers (new). They are 2 volt
cells rated at 1500 AH with a 10 year warranty and a 20 year pro-rate
warranty. Plates are Calcium Alloy Grids, Separator is Absorbed Glass Mat.
A 24 volt set would cost me between $2000.00 and $3000.00 dollars,
depending on quantity.
	Any insight into the above product to be used in a stand-alone system,
largely our bread and butter, would be appreciated. I've been loyal to
Surrette for years but occasionally have a call for sealed batteries. They
just don't have the life span of wet batteries.
	Thanks for any input,
Daryl
Penobscot Solar Design

- - - -