LED Christmas lights (was ac/DC cheer) [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Mon Dec 23 11:04:54 PST 2002

I brought home a set of the red/green ForeverBrights to try. I plugged them
into an AC receptacle next to our Tri-Met (set on amps display) and nothing
changed. The draw is smaller than will register on a .1A increment. My wife
(not technical, but lives well offgrid with a TM2020 on the kitchen wall)
got a kick out of that.
The first set failed shortly after startup, so I suspected an
incompatibility with mod-square (1991 Heart) inverter power. Being a good
American, I exchanged them for a second set at Albertson's supermarket. The
replacement set has worked fine since, so apparently a random failure; they
seem to be fine on inverter power. Great product at ten bucks a set!
Allan at +E