three way power [RE-wrenches]

David Blecker blecker at seventhgenergy.org
Sat Dec 14 18:46:26 PST 2002

<x-flowed>
Kurt,

Phase imbalance would at a minimum increase system losses (uneven return
currents on the neutral -- is the output delta or wye?) and at worse,
result in premature wear on the rotor.  I wouldn't recommend this
configuration.

There are commercially available 1 phase to 3 phase static and rotary
transformers available.  My WAG (wild-add guess) is that they can be run
backwards to go from 3ph to 1ph. This could be one option -- convert from 3
to 1 and then trifurcate the output to each of the three loads.

Dave

At 05:28 PM 12/14/2002, you wrote:
>Greetings Wrenches,
>
>I'd love to hear comments regarding the feasibility of sending power
>from a shared wind generator to three homes, each about 300 feet from
>the tower site.  Specifically I am wondering if each home could get one
>leg of the three phase wild ac off a high voltage machine.  Each home
>would transform the one leg down to system voltage (24) and rectify to
>DC.  The battery, which currently has PVs at each location, would be
>regulated with an Enermaxer.  Would this work electronically and might
>the machine have serious problems with any uneven loading(?) of the
>windings?
>
>Kurt Nelson
>
>- - - -

>List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm