NABCEP liability (Wrenches) [RE-wrenches]

Jay Peltz, Peltz Power jay at asis.com
Thu Dec 12 22:15:21 PST 2002

Hi Jeff,

I agree with you.  I think this is a very slippery slope and could/will get
very complicated.

While there are many good reasons for NABCEP, I think this points to only
some of the potential problems with such an organization.  That should be
looked into very carefully.

thanks,

jay

Peltz Power

Jeff Yago wrote:

> This all sounds great in emails But:
>
> "If NABCEP receives complaints against a certified installer, a
> specific investigative process will follow."
>
> This sounds like somebody will need to "inspect" the problem
> installation.  Who pays for that, what if its 10 states away?
>
> "Installers who do not live up to the Code of Ethics will have their
> certification revoked, and that revocation will be publicized to
> prevent unknowing consumers from being taken advantage of by unethical
> solar installers."
>
> I know attorneys who have had a field day with that one in other
> professions (i.e. doctors, reporters, accountants - remember?).  You
> better have a good attorney if you go posting a public notice to
> potential customers of 'Mr. solar expert" saying he does trash work!!
>
> Again,  I think this is a legal nightmare that is about to wake up.
>
> Jeff Yago
>
> -

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com